Thursday 4 March 2010

New Platinum Games title lacks climaxing

Some new screens of Vanquish -the next game from Shinji Mikami and Platinum Games have emerged. You may remember we covered the announcement of the announcement a little while back. We were greeted with a mostly live-action teaser. It was rad, but like all teasers, gave us fuck all to be going on with.



These screens don't really give us anything more, but I have managed to gleam a few info nuggets from them.

1. That armour looks rad
2. It looks like a super-charged arcadey cover shooter
3. Falcon punch!

As cool as it looks, I can't help but be a little apprehensive about the disturbing lack of climaxing in these shots. Platinum Games have set a precedent of climax-filled action now, and I'm hungry for more. I feel that me and Bayonetta have now climaxed over enough angels together. Is Platinum not willing to further my climax quest? There are still so many baddies that crave to be climaxed upon: Platinum, do not blue-ball me.

More/full size here

Via Kotaku

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong I'm a bit meh? Looks a lot Crysis cum gears cum killzone (see what I did there? You were talking about climaxing and I used the latin for 'with' that doubles as ejaculate, I am glorious).

Hopefully it'll give us either something different or some really good character design. Like you said - not a lot to go on so far. I wait with unbaited breath.

Caffeine Powered said...

Dude, have you seen the really weird, trippy, live action trailer for the game? It didn't give me any sense of the title, but I was more than sold on it.

The Faux Bot said...

Yeah, it's a little hard to call right now. That trailer was fucking weird. Thing is, I wrote off Bayonetta before it's release and I did a total u-turn on it after I played it properly. That game was amazing. It's Shinji Mikami, platinum games, the east could be coming back to show us westerners how shooters SHOULD be done. Gotta have faith.

Caffeine Powered said...

Dude, I went bananas for Bayonetta for the longest time, played the demo, was like, EH!, and then ended up loving the shit out of it.

I'm diggin' on Vanquish just because of how weird it is, and Mikami alone.

Followers

Blog Archive