Sunday 23 September 2007

No Dead Rising 2? - F**k You

Sorry, I couldn't resist that headline......

I remember pre-TGS, I had got myself all excited for the possibility that Capcom would be announcing a sequel to the massively flawed, but also amazingly good Dead Rising. On their website, they had at least 3 question-marked boxes representing their coming announcements and I was convinced that Dead Rising 2 would be one of them. Sadly, it seems that this is not going to be the case as a interview snippet with Keiji Inafune reveals:



Inafune: I do really want to do Dead Rising 2. It's just still hard to get games for the Western market approved.


Ashcraft: But Dead Rising was a big hit abroad.


Inafune: It wasn't a big hit here in Japan.


Ashcraft: Why is it hard to still get Western geared games approved in Japan?


Inafune: You live here. You know how it is. That's why getting games for the Western market is still a challenge.


(nicked from Destructoid)


So there you have it. I'm more than disappointed about this, I'm angry too. I've often thought that many Japanese game companies seemed to have a really shitty attitude towards Western gamers, and this story cements it. As it was put on Destructoid, would Capcom lose money on it? I doubt it. I know very few 360 owners who don't have a copy of Dead Rising and it is just the kind of game that screams out for a sequel, not because of the multiple endings or the possibility of a continued story, but because there were just so many faults in the first one. The painful saving system, the frustrating malfunctioning events and character appearances and the ridiculously small on-screen text could all be rectified with a sequel. I can't believe it looks as if Capcom are going to pass up such an opportunity. Dicks.

The Faux-Bot

No comments:

Followers