Tuesday 5 January 2010

You gotta fight. For your right. To MaaaaaaaaadCatz.

Under the instructions of The Faux Bot I am here to unveil Fightstick du cr0nt mk2.


The image was called 'king of the finches' and the bird was intended to be a White Zebra Finch (my gamertag is raisedbyfinches...) which looks a bit like that image over there. However I suck at vector drawings so I took a picture of The Behemoth's chicken, vectorised it and removed its comb. So now it looks kinda like a chicken. I will however leave it to you to decide on an individual basis.



So I ended up with the following new template to print.



20 minutes later, thanks to West 4 Printers it was done. It took me AN HOUR AND A HALF to cut out the circles because for some reason, today, I am being a bit of a rem.
Now its done, and looks beautiful. Proof.



and a better detail picture:




If any of you have a stick that you'd like customised I'll happily offer my services. I can also do faceplates for Guitar Hero guitars and with a bit of faffing about I guess I could do X360 controllers. All for those registered for cost pending approval (by me, of you).

15 comments:

Bojack85 said...

How complex are we talking here for a design?

The Faux Bot said...

You need to get a fightstick first fucko. Start playing Street Fighter again.

The Faux Bot said...

Also, Kudos Cr0nt, kudos.

Bojack85 said...

He said guitar faceplates and im play sf4 as we speak cuntface

Justtherightbullets said...

Nice one dude, looks awesome^^. Are you on first name terms with the people in the print shop yet?!

Anonymous said...

As complex as you want, it can be printed at about 1000dpi. Give me an idea of the design and I'll tell you what can be done. We may have aesthetic issues where you lose key detail because of having to have holes for the strum bar, guide button, start/pause etc (I have the guitar hero 3 fiddle, which is by far the best but has all the buttons separate).

Also, with a little less swearing, Bojack promised to come out of retirement for my trip to THE VALE. He also needs to get a stick though ;)

Bojack85 said...

I dont do stick im afraid. Feels too alien to even bother learning. Not too mention i cant afford one.

Death By Die said...

a fight stick? a FIGHTSTICK?!?! all my streetfighterings were done with blood, sweat, and tears.... and then sometimes those tears were bloody!

looks good man, what is the actual material they used to print on? i only ask as to whether it'll suffer under repeated hand sweat and general wear?

Anonymous said...

@vworks

Its only laminated card, eventually I'd like somewhere that can print on the back of acrylic and then I'd dremel it, but lack of dremel and plastic means this will do for now. I could also get a piece of cut acrylic to put over the top but can't be bothered right now. Some regular (once every month/bi-monthly) cleaning with something acetone (nail varnish remover will do) will keep it fresh and hand grease free. It works pretty well. And is way cheaper than plastic ^^

It also made the trip London --> N.Wales and back resting against scratchy things with absolutely no bad effects. It works well. Want one vworks?

Anonymous said...

Also, a quick note, that the red plastic is easily changed by using the undercoat paint used for the Games Workshop stuff (it was available in the craft shop near me so I picked it up and it worked great), if anyone just wants to change that horrible red rim.

Bojack85 said...

Your a man of many talents it seems. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

@bojack TFB is going to become the Vale branch of cr0nt inc. and you can pick up a HORI EX for about 35 quid and refit it to have the same parts as the MadCatz stick AND a custom faceplate. Win. Just gotta get good with it ;)

Death By Die said...

oh god no man.... i dont play anywhere near enough street fighter to even warrant paying that sort of money for a stick, nor can i see myself in the forseeable future. looks good though man!

YEAH R0Y said...

fair play, good work!

Anonymous said...

@vworks these sticks are also awesome for every other 2d game ever made, Castle Crashers is amazing with it. Works great with 'splosion man, Turtles Remake, N+, Ikaruga, Alien Hominid, Braid etc. etc.

Followers