Tuesday 28 April 2009

This week I 'ave mostly been playing...

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom hourglass (DS).


Now I'm no game reviewer or gaming authority, but as Hesiod once said 'I knows what I likes', and I likes Phantom Hourglass. A whole lot. Not only would this make my top 5 DS games but very probably my all time top 5 games. Without question the best use of the touch screen and the DS unit as a whole I've ever experienced and so much fun! Some of the puzzles, while not too taxing, are as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University. Anyone not convinced by the value of a DS should be shown this. The use of the boomerang, the mouse-bomb and late on in the game the grappling hook showcase the touchscreen fantastically and help make it the enjoyable experience it is. Though I'm aware I may be coming across like a little girl at a Jonas Brothers concert, I can't help but gush over this game. The characters, good and evil, are awesome and the artwork is top drawer and fits in with the feel of the game.

Feeling as though I had slightly lost touch with Zelda and Link over the past few years this, game has rekindled my admiration for their adventures and I look forward to the future.





Justtherightbullets

No comments:

Followers