Wednesday 10 September 2008

Potential headcrab infestation begins today

As some of you may know, an experiment is being conducted today. It's received a fair bit of media coverage and has something to do with protons, photons and other types of 'tons, not to mention recreating the Big Bang etc.

That awfully constructed sentence should show that I have absolutely no interest in current events and talking about them makes me seem foolish and uninformed. This is true, but it is a badge that I wear with pride as I am sure that if I began paying attention to the world, then my happy-go-lucky demeanour would be forever lost. The world as viewed through the eyes of the news is a depressing one, and one that I'd rather not participate in.

The other day, said experiment was brought to my attention. As I was told the details, I instantly assumed that I was being 'had' and blurted out 'That's the plot from Half-Life!" Duuuuuuuhhhhhhh. I later found out that this was not the case. I am now very excited to report that I was not the only one to assume that a portal to another dimension would be created and that our laboratories would soon be overrun with pesky headcrabs.

Thankfully, it seems that another Half-Life fan has taken action in order to help prevent such impeding doom. He has sent the scientists a crowbar. Genius.


http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/05/reddit-may-just-have-saved-us-all-buys-a-crowbar-for-cerns-large-hadron-collider/#more-6479

http://www.destructoid.com/crowbar-finally-shipped-to-prevent-humanity-s-destruction-103120.phtml

The Faux Bot

No comments:

Followers